White Privilege Conference - Global
external,Join us on May 9-12 at the White Privilege Conference-Global − Are Canadians too polite?
The conference will address global perspectives on white privilege and oppression in Canada (and beyond). This is an opportunity to engage in critical discussions about diversity, multicultural education and leadership, social justice, race/racism, colonization, sexual orientation, gender relations, religion and other systems of privilege, power and oppression.
Each day of the conference features keynote presentations from inspiring leading experts as well as a series of workshops, presentations and plenary sessions for you to choose from. We give you the tools to examine challenging concepts of privilege and oppression and offer solutions and team building strategies to work toward a more equitable world.
Who Should Attend?
Each year, more than 1,500 people attend worldwide. Participants and presenters include:
· Students and educators (elementary to university level)
· College/University faculty and higher education professionals
· Corporate and non-profit professionals
· Activists, artists, social workers, counselors and healthcare workers
· Members of faith and spiritual communities
Potential topics include:
· White Supremacy
· Colour Blindness
· Anti-Native Racism
· Anti-Black Racism
· Black Trans+/Queer Oppression
· Critical Whiteness
· Consciousness Building
· Inclusive Pedagogy