Two (2) Weeks Before Camp
The camp day starts at 8:30am and ends at 4:30pm. If your camper needs to be dropped off before then, or picked up after then, please ensure you have registered for Before or After Care.
Before & After Care must be registered for ahead of time. If you have already completed your registration and would like to add Before or After Care simply log in to your family account, external link, opens in new window and add these as options to your child’s program selections.
This program is not available as a drop-in service.
If you have questions about Before & After Care, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log in to your family account, external link, opens in new window and review your camper registration information. Make sure that you have confirmed your child’s program and the related dates. Notify us if there are any changes in family contact information, drop-off / pick-up arrangements, camper information (medical), etc..
Help us reunite you with your camper’s lost and found!
Each summer, we collect loads of camper lost and found that includes everything from t-shirts to backpacks to water bottles to sweatshirts. Whenever we can, we try to make sure items are given back to campers and families. But we’re not always successful, especially when items aren’t labelled with a camper’s name.
We are pleased once again to share a terrific service to camp families. Mabel’s Labels, external link, opens in new window is an award-winning company that produces personalized labels for kids and adults. Their custom labels include iron-on clothing labels, personalized stickers for tweens, and adhesive labels for items sent to camp.
To place a label order for your family, or to learn more, please visit ryersonsdc.mabelslabels.com, external link, opens in new window.
Please help us by making sure your camper’s belongings are labelled when they come to Camp. We will do our best to return any labelled lost and found to families.
Unclaimed lost and found is donated to a local charity after Labour Day.
The Weekend Before Camp
For All Camps:
- Camp T-Shirt (to be given out on the first day of camp)
- Weather-appropriate clothing (on rainy days, this includes: rain boots, a change of socks, a rain jacket / poncho, and a towel)
- Running shoes
- Lunch & 2 snacks (nut-free; bonus points for using reusable containers)*
- Three face-masks with a separate bag designated towards soiled masks.
- Water bottle
- Sun protection: hat, sunglasses, sunscreen (30+ SPF)
- Backpack / small bag (to carry small items)
- Safety Glasses (can be purchased on Amazon, external link, and at the local Canadian Tire, external link)
*Please note that lunch service is not provided in 2021
- Portable gaming systems
- Other expensive / valuable items
- Food or lotions that may contain nuts
We would prefer that cell phones not be brought to camp, however we also understand that they can be an important communication tool for you and your camper. Please know that if you are sending your child to camp with a cell phone, we cannot be held responsible for any loss, theft, or damage that may occur.
Please also remind your camper that cell phones are not to be used during camp program time, and that we reserve the right to confiscate a cell phone for the remainder of a day if its use is distracting or disruptive.
The Morning of Camp (Day #1)
Visit our How to Find Us page for maps of camp locations
There is limited paid parking on Gerrard Street East between Yonge and Church streets. There are also plenty of parking lots nearby (including at 300 Victoria St, external link, opens in new window).
For those travelling by public transit, Ryerson is located at Dundas subway station, external link, opens in new window.
If you are walking from Dundas subway station, we recommend walking north on Yonge Street to Gerrard Street. From there, turn right (east) onto Gerrard Street until you reach the Kerr Hall North archway.
Drop off is between 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. (campers in Before Care can arrive as early as 8:00 am).
Pick up is between 4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (campers in After Care can be picked up as late as 5:30 pm).
- "We are getting to camp via [subway/bus/car/etc.]. At the end of the day, you're going to come back via [subway/bus/car/etc.]."
- "At the end of the day, you will be picked up by ____"
- "Don't worry: camp will be fun! Remember that every kid you meet is just as nervous and excited as you are, and every counsellor you meet is there just to help you have a good time. You've got this."