We hope that all graduates of all of the programs offered by the Department of Politics and Public Administration will consider supporting the work of the Department and the program students who follow you.
Your Help Makes a Difference!!
Donations can be made generally to the Department, or they can be directed to a specific purpose. We really encourage you to think about supporting student awards, because these provide the most visible and tangible benefit to current students in the program.
Many alumni have benefitted from student awards over the years. But some of the program-specific awards were created many years ago, before university policy required that all named awards that were intended to be given out in perpetuity be endowed with sufficient funds to ensure the desired annual payout. As a result, several of our Department-specific awards are in urgent need of support if they are to continue. These include the:
- Caroline Wheeler Public Administration Student Award
- David Crombie Achievement Award in Public Administration
[Note: the David Crombie Excellence Award in Politics and Governance is endowed. The need is for the David Crombie Achievement Award in Public Administration and Governance]
- Gerda Kaegi Award
- Solly Patel Prize
[Note: Thanks to a generous donation from Solly's sister, Khatija Patel, the Solly Patel Memorial Entrance Scholarship is endowed. The need is for the Solly Patel (Essay) Prize.]
- MPPA Bursary Fund
You are invited to help create the first-ever Graduate Studies bursary to assist MPPA students. Additional financial support can mean the difference between pursuing one’s educational ambitions or having to put those dreams on hold. Learn more about this bursary and donate.
To direct your gift
- go to Make a Gift on the University Advancement web-page,
- select “Direct my Donation (see gift note)” from the drop-down menu that appears in the “Gift Information” section,
- in the “Gift Notes” box, type the name of the award to which you would like to direct your donation, and
- complete the rest of the form.
To direct your gift to any award that does not appear in our online list of program-specific awards, please contact the Faculty of Arts Director of Development, Robert Dixon, at email@example.com or 416-979-5000 x4796
You may also donate by cheque, if you wish. Please:
- make your cheque payable to Ryerson University
- include instructions as to which fund (General Department or the award name)
- mail or deliver to:
Department of Politics and Public Administration
7th floor – Jorgenson Hall (JOR700)
350 Victoria Street
Toronto, ON M5B 2K3