You are now in the main content area
Welcome to Ryerson University
Here you will find a place focused on its community and its city, committed to innovation and fostering a campus culture of entrepreneurship in its many forms.
Ryerson’s mission is to make an impact on our economy and society. We state proudly that our diverse and inclusive university community continually challenges the status quo, in search of solutions for a better world.
Our aim is to be a global destination of choice for original thinkers, innovators and partners, dreamers and people of action. I hope you will join us.
The President is the Chief Executive Officer of the university and provides academic and administrative leadership and direction for the university. Responsibilities include:
- Promote and inspire the university’s mission for the advancement of applied knowledge and research to address societal needs;
- Support institutional excellence academically, administratively, and financially by ensuring an interactive and consultative communication and planning process;
- Enhance and build on the profile and reputation of the institution, and communicate a vision to internal and external stakeholders;
- Proactively advance equity, diversity and inclusion in research, teaching, scholarship, policies and procedures, opportunities and activities, and the overall culture of the university;
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the Board of Governors and as Chair of Senate
The President is also the Vice-Chancellor of the university.
As we embark on the journey to find a new name and reconcile the legacy of Egerton Ryerson, we vow to build a better, more inclusive future. Join us as we move forward.