Dean's SRC Activity Award
The Dean's Scholarly, Research and Creativity Activity Award recognizes individual faculty members on an annual basis for outstanding scholarly, research and creative activities (SRC) achievements and impact on their disciplines during the previous academic year.
Award recipient(s) will receive a certificate of recognition and a monetary award of $2,000 as a one-time payment (subject to applicable deductions).
Key criteria: Scholarly, research and creative activity
Any RFA faculty member, including Chairs/Directors, is eligible, with the exception that Research Chairs are not eligible. If a member of the Faculty Award Committee (FAC) is nominated or applies, they should either withdraw the nomination/ application or step down from the Selection Committee and be replaced. Faculty who receive an award (Teaching, SRC or Service) may not receive another award in any category for the following two years. (e.g. 2018-2019 recipient receiving an award in Winter 2019 would not be eligible to apply for 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 awards.)
SRC Category A awards are open to pre-tenured faculty and normally would be applied for within their first five years of appointment in a tenure-track (e.g. untenured) or limited term position and while engaged in research at Ryerson. SRC Category B awards are open to all tenured faculty members.
The number of awards in Category A and B are prorated based on the ratio of pre-tenured/tenured faculty in each Faculty.
Faculty tenured after May can apply for a Category A award for the same academic year. For example, faculty receiving tenure after May 2019 may apply for a Category A award for 2019-2020.
Arts - Category A
|Arts - Category B||2|
Community Services - Category A
|Community Services - Category B||1|
|The Creative School - Category A||1|
|The Creative School - Category B||1|
|Engineering & Architectural Science - Category A||1|
|Engineering & Architectural Science - Category B||2|
|Law - Category A||1|
|Law - Category B||1|
|Science - Category A||1|
|Science - Category B||1|
|Ted Rogers School of Management - Category A||1|
|Ted Rogers School of Management - Category B||1|
Interested faculty may apply for the award or faculty may be nominated for the award.
For each award's cycle, applications/nominations are based on submission of an application/nomination form and assessed based on achievements reported in the previous academic year’s Annual Report.
The criteria for evaluation are to be based on the established SRC criteria for tenure and promotion in the individual Faculties. Achievements are recognized as those arising from SRC work carried out or supervised by faculty while employed full-time at Ryerson.
Faculty award recipients must achieve a minimum standard performance in all three faculty functions (teaching, SRC and service). This ensures that excellence in one area is not being facilitated by under-performance in others.
- Obtain the nominee's permission (if applicable).
- Complete the nomination package as described below.
- Submit the nomination package via the Online Nomination Portal on the Recognition website.
- Nominee receives a confirmation email with a link to provide online consent before the deadline. This step must be completed before the deadline.
The application/nomination package will consist of the following:
- Citation (100 words maximum) – highlight why the nominee deserves this award and any notable achievements. This citation will be included in related university communication should the nominee or team be selected.
- Supporting Statement (500 words maximum) - regarding the impact of the achievement for which the award application is made. Impact can be social, economic, industrial, academic or creative.
- Annual Report from the previous academic year. Only those attachments directly related to the award being sought should be attached for the purposes of the application/nomination.
- Supporting Materials (three document maximum) - this evidence of achievement could include published papers, monographs, patents, portfolios, exhibitions, juried work, citations, etc.
- Names and contact information of three external referees best able to assess the merit of the work being considered for the award.
- Updated CV in Common or OCGS format - this requirement is submitted after the initial application/nomination process. Applicants/nominees will be prompted by email to submit this portion.
Each Faculty will strike a Faculty Awards Committee to evaluate applications/nominations for the recognition awards governed by Appendix G of the Ryerson Faculty Association collective agreement. For the SRC Award, external reviews may be carried out at the discretion of the Committee and reserved for those applications which have been shortlisted for consideration.
Five members are elected by and from the members of the Faculty. There may be no more than one member from each department on the FAC. In a Faculty with fewer than five departments, the Faculty may, however, choose to reduce the size of the committee to include one member from each department.
Faculty of Arts
Manager, Academic Administration
416-979-5000, ext. 7155
The Creative School
416-979-5000. ext. 544491
Faculty of Community Services
416-979-5000, ext. 4641
Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science
416-979-5000, ext. 5102
Faculty of Law
Erika Ellis Buchanan
Academic Administrative Coordinator
416-979-5000, ext. 544728
Faculty of Science
416-979-5000, ext. 5247
The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education
Community Relations and Special Projects Coordinator
416-979-5000, ext. 555184
Ted Rogers School of Management
Academic Administrative Coordinator
416-979-5000, ext. 555169