Long Service Milestones
At Ryerson, long service milestones are celebrated at 25, 30, 35 and 40+ years of service. The Ryerson University 25 Year Club celebrates the commitment of faculty and staff who have given a quarter-century of service. Long service milestones are also celebrated by the university after 30, 35, 40, 45+ years of service, based on the same criteria.
Date: February 27, 2020
Time: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Location: Sears Atrium, George Vari Engineering and Computing Centre, 245 Church Street
Contact: Nate Tysdal, Total Compensation Projects Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-979-5000, ext. 4726
Criteria for inclusion
- The employee's career status was "active" within the calendar year during which they attained their service milestone;
- The induction year is derived from the employee's hire date. Duration of service is calculated from their first assignment to the milestone year of service;
- Employees on extended leave (e.g. LTD) will be reviewed individually;
- Term employment, limited term faculty status (RFA LTF), part time and sessional instructor status (CUPE 3904 Unit 1 and/or CUEW), continuing education instructor status (CUPE 3904, Unit 2 and/or non union), part time and casual staff and combinations of the above, are included when calculating eligible service;
- If continuity of employment is maintained breaks in service of less than 12 months are permitted;
- Breaks in service through non-work periods or leave of absences (paid or unpaid) do not impact the calculation of eligible service;
- Periods of workload reduction do not impact calculation of eligible service;
- Voluntary separation from the university through resignation or retirement before having acquired 25 years of service, precludes the individual from induction.
* It should be noted that the membership criteria are used only to establish eligibility for induction into the long service milestone celebration, and do not apply for establishing eligibility for benefits or pensions or any other purpose.