Refer to the course calendar for more information and for details on minors available to students from the School of Retail Management.
Courses listed in the first four semesters provide students with the foundational skills and knowledge of a Bachelor of Commerce degree and introductory courses with an emphasis on the business of retailng.
The program introduces the key concepts in understanding consumer behaviour and shopper insights. Building on this foundation the retailer/customer relationship will be examined through a variety of methods include case studies, experiential projects, simulations and more.
Some courses include:
- Retail Buying
- Issues and Innovations in Retailing
- Visual Merchandising & Space Planning
- Entrepreneurship: New Venture Startup
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Retail Operations Management
- Applied Retail Research
- Retail Communications
- Service Quality Management
- Plus Marketing, Economics, Accounting, Finance and more...
In semesters 5 through 8, students have the opportunity to delve into more advanced (and strategic) theories, concepts and practices. Retailing in the context of the entire value chain is explored with concepts related to service strategy taking on a broader dimension. A package of elective courses provides students with flexibility in building a program of study that meets individual needs
Some courses include:
- Retail Strategy
- Category Management
- Social Media Marketing for Retailers
- Advanced Buying Process
- Sector Studies in Retail (e.g. Fashion, Luxury, Grocery, or Pop-Up Retail)
- Retail GIS and Geodemographics
- International Retail Markets
- Store Design and Planning
- Plus the option to minor in Fashion Studies, eBusiness, Business Law, Public Relations, Social Innovation, Marketing, Human Resources Management and more...
As a Ryerson graduate there are many programs and opportunities available to you. Be sure to take advantage of them and learn more at the Ryerson Alumni site.
The student handbook is designed to provide students in the Retail B.Comm degree with the information necessary for students to strive within the program.