You are now in the main content area

Get Support

If you have been affected by sexual violence, know that it is not your fault.

We are here for you and can connect you to services, help you think through options, our office is here to listen.


Contact Us     


Phone: 416.979.5000 ext. 553596

Office: KHW 279




“She made me aware of all my options by clearly explaining each scenario and what could potentially happen as a result, all while maintaining my privacy. She also respected my choices when it came to choosing whether or not to report my assault. I was extremely fearful of seeing my attacker but she made me feel safe by offering me different resources like checking class schedules for conflicts, providing me with safe spaces to be in, and just offering continuous support. I really am so grateful." Service User

Where to Start

Everyone addresses violence, accesses supports, and heals from trauma in different ways.

We all heal differently. Our office can support you to find what works for you.

Tell yourself. Sometimes the first person we need to tell is ourselves. Too often we can convince ourselves that it wasn’t “so bad”, that we can “handle it” or that it was somehow our fault.

Share with someone you trust. This is never easy but consider sharing with a friend, a coach, a co-worker, an instructor, or your residence advisor if you live on-campus. Let them know what you need.

Seek medical care. , opens in new windowEven if there are no obvious injuries or you don’t want to report the assault to the police, it is important to seek medical attention if the assault just happened. We can help you with that process - even accompanying you to a health care provider.

Connect with support. Contact Ryerson’s sexual violence support and education team, Farrah Khan, Jiaqing Wilson-Yang and Fahamida Zahan. They are here to listen to you, and will help you access resources and make an informed decision about next steps - if and when you choose to.

How We Help

You have access to our support regardless if the sexual violence happened on-or-off campus, or if you were affected by sexual violence before you came to Ryerson.

With your consent, we can help you with:

  • Academic considerations and workplace accommodations
  • Understanding the reporting options available to you
  • Navigating systems and resources within the university and the community
  • Safety planning
  • Referrals to counselling and medical services
  • Self-care resources
Illustration of a ginger and a bowl of pho saying "Rooting Pho You!"