Site Admin - Find your web pages
After logging into CQ, the site admin is the first screen users see. The site admin is always available via the "earth" icon.
In the site admin screen, users will:
Sections of the site admin interface
The left pane, or the tree view, contains the website hierarchy or tree structure of the pages in your site.
This structure is generated as you nest content pages. You can expand the tree view by clicking on pages (called nodes) with a [+] icon. Conversely, collapse tree view by clicking on [-] icon.
Your site's navigation correlates directly to your website hierarchy.
The right pane of the site admin shows the child pages of a parent page/node selected in the left pane.
Users interact with pages in the right pane in order to do the following:
- Located along the top of the right pane
- Contains options to refresh pane (blue icon), create new webpages, copy, paste, delete, move/rename, activate and deactivate pages
- Any functions available in the toolbar are also available in an open page's sidekick
Use the site admin to:
Websites are organized into parent pages (or nodes) and child pages (nodes). The top level page is considered a parent page, and the pages nested underneath are its child pages.
In the Right Pane, all parent pages have a [+] next to them so you can expand the tree to see all child pages beneath it. Similar to expanding a folder to display the files it contains.
When looking at the URL path of a webpage, the parent page will precede the child page in that path:
- Use the website hierarchy listed in the Left Pane to locate your page or section of pages.
- If this is your first time, you need to expand the "ryerson" webpage to find your website's pages
- Similar to how you would navigate the live site, click the [+] to expand a branch of pages.
- Continue to click the [+] until you find your section of pages.
- Click once on a page in the Left Pane so it's highlighted in green; all of the child pages will be listed in the Right Pane.
- Click the [-] to collapse a branch (or section) of pages.
Users can interact with webpages in the following ways:
- Right-click and select Open, to open a file for editing, or
- Double-click on file (in the name column) to open and edit
- Click on file(s)
The procedure to move or rename a page is the same. You do not need to do both: you can rename a page without moving it or move it without renaming the file.
- From the site admin view, click to select the page, then select Move/Rename, or
- Select the file, then right-click and select Move/Rename
- In Move/Rename window opens; specify a new location (move function), a new name for the page (rename), or both (move and rename).
Be sure to adjust/republish files that are referencing the file being moved/renamed. This will avoid broken links!
- To find and replace text in your site, navigate to your site via the Site Admin.
- In the toolbar, under Tools, select Find and Replace
- Confirm the root path where the action should start
- Define the content to be found
- Define the content to replace it
- Indicate whether the search should be case-sensitive
- Whether only whole words should be found
- Click the Preview button to list where the term has been found. You can select or deselect instances to be replaced.
- Click Replace when ready. You will be asked to confirm the action.