The sidekick is the main control for editing pages. It acts as a toolbox. From the sidekick, authors can do the following:
- Pick from a library of components (first tab)
- Open page properties (second tab)
- Perform page management actions
- Launch/activate pages, and;
- Access other important functions
The sidekick is only viewable when your page is open for editing. Components in the sidekick can be dragged onto your open page.
Authors can also use Preview mode, which hides the sidekick, so that the author can see what a visitor will see.
The Sidekick minimizes in Preview. By clicking on the arrow [next to the ?], the sidekick will return to its maximum size.
Sections of the Sidekick include: