Video with Optional Text Component
This component is used to embed and display a video on a web page. This component can also display optional text.
- Found in Sidekick > Content
- Styles available: Vertical (default) | Horizontal Media Left (1:1) | Horizontal Media Right (2:1) | Horizontal Media Left (1:1) | Horizontal Media Right (1:1)
- Add Video Page URL | Video Embed Code
- Optional fields: text
- Custom Colours Applicable: none
Sample Video Component
How to use
- In Sidekick > Content, click on "Video with Optional Text"
- Drag "Video with Optional Text" onto page (see image below)
Optional Button Feature
The Optional Button feature is located at the bottom of the Video with Optional Text component. It allows the option of adding one button below your text.
- Type in the name of the button
- Enter the Path/URL
- Click OK
Note: The colour of the button is based on the accent colour of your site.
Storing Media Files
Audio & video content cannot be stored in CQ/AEM. This is a CCS Policy.
Media files can be stored on ryecast.ryerson.ca. To request access, please complete the following google formRyecast Help Form, external link, opens in new window.
Course link feature
The course linker automatically generates a link to a specific course in the Undergraduate Calendar.
Typing in the exact course code will:
- automatically link the course code to the course calendar
- automatically create hover text to show the course code, course name, and description
Please write the course code exactly as it is in the calendar. Avoid extra spaces and use the same case.
For example, type CMN 100 and not cmn 100