News List or Grid
The News list/grid component allows users to create a list or grid (with images) of news stories.
- This component must be used with the following templates:
- Found in Sidekick> Lists and Grids>News
- Display options: List display and Grid view
- Thumbnails are not displayed in the list style.
- Thumbnails added to the news release template will display in Grid display only.
- Custom Colours Applicable: No
List Filtering Options:
"Autocategorized Tags" and "Categorized Tags" are two filtering options which allow users to filter list results using one or more tags. Learn how to use tag filtering.
News grid display:
News list display:
How to use:
- Drag News component onto page (found in Lists and Grids section in Sidekick)
- Select Display As option: List or Grid
- If you select Grid, the thumbnail images in news release pages will be displayed.
- Grid selection requires the selection of the number of columns:
- One column
- Two column
- Three column
- Four column
- Six column
- The following content (from the news release pages) can be displayed in the List or Grid
- Title - *The news title becomes the default H1; the page title is still the Title added when the page was created
- Sub Title
- Link Name
- Date format selection
- Thumbnail tab - add images to this tab that will appear in the grid view of a news list.
In Content Configuration tab:
- Choose the path to the archive template containing your news releases. You can select multiple paths or link directly to a specific page.
- Set a limit for the number of stories to display (e.g. 10 max per page)
- Offset - this is the number of stories you want to skip; useful if using multiple news lists on a single page
- Results per page - the number of stories that display in your list (e.g. 5)
- Pagination options: Paged (Using Show More button) or Numbered (Using numbered pages)
Using the examples included above - limit of 10, results per page 5, the following would be the list display, using Page pagination option: