How to create a biography:
Tip: Create all biographies in one location. e.g. ryerson.ca/mysite/about/people/
- Choose a location for new biographies
- Click New...>New page
- Add descriptive Title and name (filename)
- Select Biography template
- Click Create
Open page to add content:
- In the right pane of the side admin, locate your new file
- To open file, right-click, then choose> Open
- Shortcut: double-click name to open file
The biography template contains an embedded biography component with a content tab and profile image tab. The following content fields are available:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Office Address/Location
- Area of Expertise
- Other components can be added anywhere below the biography component i.e. images, slideshows, layout components, etc.
Note: When you add a Title component to the biography template a field called "Common Biography Headings" will appear. Feel free to use this to help organize your content.
Activate the page after content has been added.
Related: Display biographies in a biography list.