Scholarships and Awards
Guaranteed and Renewable Scholarships
Students attending a Canadian secondary school with final averages of 80% and higher, who meet the terms and conditions for scholarship, are guaranteed a renewable entrance scholarship according to the following values.
|Final Admission Average||Awarded in Year One*||Potential Annual Renewable Amount**||Potential Total Scholarship Value**|
*Scholarship amount to be distributed evenly between fall and winter semester.
**Up to, dependent on annual CGPA.
Terms and Conditions
The 2019-2020 Terms and Conditions and Frequently Asked Questions posted here are for reference and will be updated for the 2021 admissions cycle this fall.
To be eligible for consideration for the guaranteed and renewable scholarships, students must:
- Be currently enrolled full-time in a Canadian secondary school (minimum of three Ontario grade 12 U/M courses or Canadian provincial equivalent within the 2019-2020 regular school year;
- Have been continuously enrolled full-time (no gaps in full-time attendance prior to the 2019-2020 regular school year);
- Be enrolling in a postsecondary institution for the first time; and
- Have submitted the correct and complete application for admission to the program for which the scholarship is being granted by September 1, 2020
|Scholarship Name||Deadline||Application Required|
|BMO Financial Group Diversity Scholarships
For traditionally underrepresented groups including women, visible minorities, international students, students with disabilities and aboriginal students; minimum average of 80% in 6 U/M credits or equivalent; demonstrated financial need.
|N/A||Once you become a current student and have a Ryerson University email account (@ryerson.ca), you can apply for the BMO Financial Group Diversity Scholarships through AwardSpring, external link, opens in new window|
H. Graham Walker Awards
||Once you become a current student and have a Ryerson University email account (@ryerson.ca), you can apply for the H. Graham Walker Award through AwardSpring, external link, opens in new window|
Prestigious Entrance Awards
As a Ryerson applicant, AwardSpring, external link, opens in new window enables you to view and apply for all awards available at the university in one convenient spot. Once you have received your Ryerson Student Number, activate your online identity, if you have not done so already, to access AwardSpring, external link, opens in new window.
Thank you for your interest in Ryerson's Prestigious Entrance Scholarships.
You can apply to the following awards as of October 12, 2020.
The deadline to apply is March 1, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. E.S.T.
President's Entrance Scholarships
- $40,000 (Total Value) | $10,000 (Annual Amount)
- 12 awards
International Secondary School Merit Scholarship
For applicants entering Canada on a Study Permit
- Seven scholarships
- Entrance award only (not renewable)
Terence Grier Entrance Scholarship
- Full tuition for first-year only (not renewable)
- One award