Messages from the Dean
Update for the Fall 2020 Term
The Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science has decided that all undergraduate and graduate courses will be offered by remote curriculum delivery in the Fall 2020 term.
- All Fall 2020 courses will be offered remotely.
- Important engineering and architectural software will be available remotely.
- Access to a computer and the internet is recommended. A loan-out system is being planned.
- All student services and academic advising will be available virtually.
- Ryerson is working on protocols to ensure that research facilities that are approved to reopen are done in a safe manner.
Update for the Winter 2021 Term
The Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science has decided that all undergraduate and graduate courses will continue to be offered by remote curriculum delivery in the Winter 2021 term.
- Students will be able to complete their Winter 2021 course lectures, labs, and tutorials virtually.
- Academic departments will be emailing students key information and updates related to their programs.
- Students can continue to access academic and administrative contacts within their program by visiting the services and support page for undergraduate or graduate students.
Read the Dean’s full message to undergraduate and graduate students.
Welcome to the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS), where purpose-driven people advance technology and design.
Our students, researchers and faculty grapple with the big questions from a human-centric perspective: On what terms will AI shape our future? Is truly inclusive technology possible? How can we strengthen markets for green energy and architecture? They put our faculty’s vast resources to use – from our leading-edge facilities to our partnerships with industry, hospitals and the community – and they make the most of them, applying their knowledge and designs in the real world. Most importantly, they work together across disciplines, tapping into what we at FEAS believe is the most valuable driver of innovation: diversity of thought and experience.
It’s all part of our shared goal to make meaningful shifts in culture – shifts that lead to greater democratization of technology and design, and improved quality of life for us all.