Graduate Leadership Institute
GLI advising appointments available online
Graduate students can still make a leadership advising appointment at this time. Complete the google formcontact form, external link and a virtual appointment will be set up.
An exciting learning opportunity for graduate students looking to transform from scholars into influencers. Dr. Wilson Leung is the director of the new Graduate Leadership Institute (GLI), which aims to empower graduate students with leadership capacity in order to impact our city, country and world with their influence.
Postdoctoral Fellows at Ryerson University are also encouraged to actively participate in the resources offered through the Graduate Leadership Institute.
How will graduate students benefit from participating with the GLI? GLI offers tremendous value to graduate students, making them:
- Equipped with leadership tools, resources and knowledge so that their research impact will extend beyond their academic degree.
- Career-ready for job opportunities in organizations, industries and markets as they acquire transferable leadership skills needed for future effectiveness.
- Connected through broader networks, both internal and external to Ryerson, for their future careers.
- Supported by fellow graduate students who are going through similar leadership challenges and development.
- Empowered with greater life purpose and higher-quality decisions, having processed their personal vision and values.
- Confident and assertive having had opportunities to apply leadership learning in a safe and inclusive environment.
Find out about the many learning opportunities and benefits of the Graduate Leadership Institute.
Learn more about Ryerson Leadership Lab and the Graduate Leadership Institute's pilot changemaking program specifically for graduate students!
The Graduate Leadership Institute is a partner in the Future Smart program.
Here's what grad students had to say about the Graduate Leadership Institute.
Are you a graduate student interested in strengthening your leadership and mentorship skills? See what mentoring opportunities are available!
If you have any questions, comments or ideas about the GLI, please contact:
Dr. Wilson Leung
Director, Graduate Leadership Institute