Documentary Media (MFA)
Part of the Faculty of Communication and Design
- Completion of a four-year bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from an accredited institution
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.00/4.33 (B or equivalent) in the last two years of study
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one of which must be academic
- Portfolio submission
More information on how to apply.
- 24/7 access to graduate labs/equipment
- Extensive camera, sound and studio resources
- Digital editing, printing and scanning facilities
- Analogue resources
The DocNow Festival presents the thesis work of students in the program. Students collaborate on a citywide festival featuring screenings, exhibitions and events exploring a wide range of subjects and celebrating their creative achievements.
Graduate Studies Admissions Office
11th Floor, 1 Dundas Street West
For information specific to programs please see the program contact information below.
Dr. Bruno Lessard
Graduate Program Director
Ph.D., Université de Montréal.
Telephone: 416-979-5000 ext. 6860
Graduate Program Administrator
Telephone: 416-979-5000 ext. 2763
“The collaborative nature of the program provided the space and creative community I needed to develop my ideas, and to critique and challenge my growing narrative. The master classes and guest lectures also provided industry dialogue, while acting as a hub for creative approaches to storytelling.”