Please note: 2019/2020 tuition amounts and updated grade ranges will be added to the program pages as they become available.
Interior Design (BID)
Full Time: Four Year
Bachelor of Interior Design
Portfolio, personal essay
Accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA).
*Actual minimum grade ranges required for Fall 2019 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. Ryerson reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.
Internship, field trips and seminars; international exchange; year-end design show; digital fabrication lab; 3D workshops.
Pursue professional membership with the Association of Registered Interior Designers of Ontario (ARIDO) if desired, and contribute to the world of design through exhibition design, set design, contemporary interior design offices, independent consulting firms, organizations, furniture manufacturers, marketing and promotion and facility management. Pursue graduate studies in interior design, architecture, product design, curatorial studies or a related field.
What You Need to Know
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher pre-requisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/Anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Grade 11 U or M or Grade 12 U Mathematics (one of: MCF3M, MCR3U, MHF4U, MCV4U, MDM4U)
- One additional Grade 12 U or M course from: Visual Arts (AVI4M, AWA4M, AWB4M, AWC4M, AWD4M, AWE4M, AWF4U, AWG4U, AWH4M, AWI4M, AWJ4M, AWK4M, AWL4M, AWM4M, AWN4U, AWO4M, AWP4M, AWQ4M, AWR4M, AWS4M, AWT4M, AWU4M), Canadian and World Studies (CGU4M/CGU4U, CGW4U, CHI4U, CHY4U, CIA4U, CPW4U), Social Science and Humanities (HHS4U/HHS4M), Science (SPH4U) or Technological Design (TDF4M, TGJ4M)
- Students should take Physics (Grade 11 or higher) and the Art option in Grades 11/12 if available. Preference may be given to applicants with Grade 12 U courses in History or Visual Arts/Art History
- The minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 65-70% range) will be determined subject to competition
Students requesting advanced standing must submit academic transcripts of their secondary school as well as all post-secondary school studies (excluding Ryerson), to Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment. Current students attending another institution must remember to include a list of courses currently in progress, and to submit another academic transcript (including all final grades) as soon as possible following course completion. Detailed course outlines may be required by the School of Interior Design. Contact the Academic Coordinator for further information.
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available at:
Do not submit non-academic material until after you have submitted your application for admission and accessed your Choose>Ryerson Applicant Portal. You will receive an Acknowledgement email that will include your Ryerson Student Number. Your Ryerson Student Number must be clearly printed on all non-academic materials you submit.
Your non-academic requirements, listed below, are due by February 1, 2019 or 10 business days from your application submission date, whichever comes later.
Exception: If you have already attended this program and are applying for readmission or reinstatement, you must contact the Academic Coordinator at (416) 979-5000 ext. 6923 by February 1, 2019 or 10 business days from your application submission date to confirm that a portfolio is not required.
- PDF fileInterior Design Non-Academic Requirements Declaration Form
- PDF fileInterior Design Non-Academic Requirements Instructions
- PDF fileNon-Academic Requirements Fee Form
Please review instructions for How to Complete Fillable PDF Forms.