COVID-19 and Online Learning Update:
Due to Ryerson's response to COVID-19, courses will be held online. RU Noted does not generally provide notes for online courses and so our note-takers will only be assigned for courses with a live-streamed component.
Sign up to be a Peer Note-taker
Use our online portal to sign up and share notes. You will be notified if you are assigned as a Peer Note-taker. Students require notes throughout the semester, so you can be assigned at any time.
Join RU Noted
- Develop and enhance your academic skills
- Receive $200 per course if you are selected as a Peer Note-taker
- Create an accessible learning community at Ryerson
- Sign up to be a Peer Note-taker using our Share Notes portal
- Receive an email notification if selected by a classmate
- Upload your notes to our online platform
- Apply for Payment on AwardSpring at the end of the semester
- You must be currently enrolled as a Ryerson student
- You must have a GPA 2.67 or higher (clear academic standing)
You are eligible for $200 per course if you have been selected as a note-taker and uploaded a full set course of notes. Peer Note-takers meeting these conditions must apply for payment on Award Spring. Applications are reviewed and payment is processed through the Student Awards & Scholarships Office.
RU Noted adheres to strict timelines for payment. Each semester, there are three steps note-takers must complete in order to receive their award. Specific deadlines are posted above:
- Prior to the award period: complete the AwardSpring, external link General Application, including the Financial Information section, prior to the award period.
- During the award period: access and complete the RU Noted Award application on AwardSpring during the Awrad Period
- After the award period: receive your cheque to the mailing address listed on RAMSS
Frequently Asked Questions
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received payment by the start of the following semester. The deadline to report any payment issues is week 2 of the semester following the term in which you were a note-taker.
All note-takers are required to complete the payment application during the payment period. You can still log your hours on ConnectRU and request a letter of recommendation from RU Noted.
Since you will not be uploading notes for courses where you are not selected, and therefore not fully participating in the peer-to-peer program, you will not receive funds; however, since many students request note-taking services throughout the semester, we encourage you to sign up for as many courses as you wish--you may be selected as a Peer Note-taker at any point during the course.